2010-09-02

User-friendly Mac OS

Many people tell that Mac OS is the mos user friendly operating system. Here extraction from a user manual of an external USB hard drive for Mac Users:

How to remove the drive - for Mac OS Users:
  1. If you have files located on your drive open in any applications, close them.
  2. Locate the icon for your drive on the desktop, and drag it to the trash.
I am not a Mac user, but I never ever would have done that for removing the drive! Dragging something to the trash for me means "Delete it - delete the contents"!

What if I accidently would have dragged selected files from the drive to the trash and not the drive itself. Do you call this user-friendly?

Related post: Why Linux?

1 comment:

Martin Wildam said...

Yes, the second way is as in Linux (at least under Gnome, KDE don't remember yet).

Fine that I would not be hopelessly lost on a Mac. :-)