2010-09-04

Ubuntu compatible hardware

In the last months I faced several different hardware environments and experienced several issues when installing Ubuntu. For example: Since 2005 I always recommended NVidia and told people to better stay away from ATI. But lately I had problems with a machine with NVidia and on the other hand heard from a friend about an Ubuntu machine with ATI running flawlessly. So I started to fear for issues no matter what hardware I recommend.

I talked with several people and sent out emails and the result is a collection of links that help a lot. First of all - what I did not know - there is an Ubuntu certification for hardware - and there is more:

And more hardware help is available here:
Related posts: The hardware, Why Linux?, Going Linux, The sad thing about Linux, About Dell, Ubuntu 10.04 experiences, The Dell Latitude 2110 and Ubuntu 10.04.1, Use cases for netbooks, The truth about hardware support.

No comments: